Change up your weekends with fun – and relaxing – activities to keep everyone active and smiling! We have compiled a list of ideas to get you out in the sunshine with your nearest and dearest – what’s the point in sitting in front of the TV when the weather is this incredible?! We also have some indoor activity ideas for when the heat (and hay fever) becomes too much available here!
Get yourself to a market or fair and see what the world has to offer first-hand!
• Visit a farmer’s market and browse the stalls full of natural and organic fruits, vegetables, meats, flowers and other things for sale. If you have hay fever, take some extra spending money to buy some local honey! Find out why in our blog post available here
• Visit a fruit picking farm and collect everything from berries to apples and even rhubarb. If you enjoy a specific type of fruit, check their website beforehand to make sure you won’t leave feeling disappointed! Take home your haul and enjoy eating fresh and organic fruit with either yoghurt, cake and ice cream or in a homemade pie
• Visit a country fair with beautiful stalls full of everything from arts and crafts to fresh meats and maybe even a good quality leather stall. Many fairs feature dog or horse shows and target shooting practise, with everything from bows and arrows to clay pigeon shooting to either get some practise or show off your skills!
Food and Drink Orientated Activities
Grab your favourite snacks and watch the world go by.
• Start a vegetable, herb or flower garden while the sun is shining! It’s a great way to stay active and a great excuse to get out of the house every day to maintain and water the garden
• Pack a keep-cool bag and go for a picnic in the park or at the beach. Take along a picnic blanket, towels, a bottle of wine, plastic cups and LOTS of water. And maybe a kite if there’s a little wind in the air…
• Watch the beautiful colours as the sun goes down and take the time to appreciate the beauty of nature first-hand. Why not enjoy the addition of a bottle of wine and light a bonfire with some marshmallows to roast?
• Enjoy a romantic dinner under the night sky. Whether home cooked and enjoyed in the back garden or at a tasty restaurant, everything is more romantic underneath the twinkling light of the stars
• Browse the Internet for an outdoor wine tasting event under the stars
Life at Top Speed
Enjoy your summer at top speed this year with our fun ideas!
• Scream the day away at a theme park
• Visit a fair and enjoy the rides, fresh donuts and cotton candy
• Show off your driving skills at a go-carting or quad biking track
• Take a skydiving lesson – this might not be the cheapest day out but it will be an exhilarating experience and a fun memory to share with your nearest and dearest! Just don’t book it without being sure that whoever you’re taking doesn’t have a crippling fear of heights or they may never leave the ground…
Pack up your sun cream, sun hat and water and take a trip on either the wild side or the most relaxing side possible!
• Go hiking or for a walk in the woods and breathe in the fresh air of the world around you. LOTS of water will be needed if you’re going far – and thin layers if it’s a safe journey
• Dig out your tent and have a camp out with a bonfire, marshmallows and ghost stories. Whether you camp in the back garden or travel to the woods, watch the sun set and try your best to wake up early enough to watch the beauty of the sun coming up
• Go mini-golfing
• Have a water fight in the garden while the barbecue heats up (don’t forget to put a cover over the hot coals before they get wet!)
• Collapse on the beach and watch the clouds move across the sky while reading a good book or your favourite magazine
Animal-Orientated Days Out
Visit animals in their natural habitat and be reminded of how much beauty there is in the world.
• Visit a zoo and take along a romantic picnic – just don’t sit too close to the monkeys or they may try to get a lick of your ice cream!
• Visit Knowsley Safari Park or a similar alternative and drive around to see the animals living and playing happily. Be prepared for the monkeys that might climb on your car and try to steal your antenna!
• Go horseback riding at a local stable or see if you can find a beach where horse owners take their horses to be ridden for a small fee
Wet ‘n’ Wild Activities
The water is cooling, relaxing and warm at this time of year. Make the most of it but stay covered up and reapply sun cream regularly if you’re going for a dip!
• Kick boring summer days to the curb and find a local outdoor pool to show off your diving skills Enjoy a refreshing swim – just don’t forget to bring a towel
• Visit an outdoor water park and race down the slides
• Find a kayaking or canoeing lake with rentable equipment
• Go on a jet ski at the beach after dipping your toes in the sea
• There are water-based Total Wipe out style activity courses worldwide and they are the perfect way to spend a sunny day. They have trampolines, beams, slides and more!